Monday, July 12, 2010

14 months

It's been a while and much has happened; Little Boy turned 1 and had a very fun birthday party with his cousin, J.  The weather was really great and his Grandma flew in from MD to see him and J and all of us.  It was a pretty good weekend; except Little Boy did not really enjoy the whole cake thing.  Cookie was much more promising. 


Little Boy also had his 1 year check up, which was great; I was worried about the fact that he wasn't crawling, or pulling up or any of that pre-walking type stuff.  I shouldn't have worried, because within 1 week of that appointment, he was sitting up on his own, from his stomach, then army crawling, then regular crawling.  Now, he crawls and pulls himself up to standing on lots of items.  He can also sit on his knees and balance quite well.  I give him the end of the summer before he's walking.  Once he figures it out, I have a feeling he will be tearing through the house.  He is just such a big boy now, it's amazing. 

We really need to baby proof the house, but we are both too tired half the time to do anything during the week and the weekends have just been really, really busy lately.  We'll get it soon. 

The only other frustration that I have right now is that, while I would love to have another baby very soon, we just can't afford it.  I try to figure out a way to pay things down and pay things off and whatnot and it just seems like it's impossible.  I wish I could just stumble upon $10k (heck, even $5K would be beneficial at this point) to pay off credit cards and be done with it; if we paid off debt down to under $5k, I would be much, much happier.  But, I will figure out a way to get through it and come out good on the other side. 

Then, we can start all over again.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment