Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lovely New Things

So, in honor of Little Boy learning to crawl and pull up and generally get into everything that he can, we purchased a new TV console/stand from BigLots!; everything was 20% today too, so it was only $109 with tax, instead of $130 plus tax.  Best deal evah! 

I know that I was just complaining about money; but this was Jake's summer gig money AND we needed it so Little Boy would stop turning on/off the power on the receiver; you can tell him 'no', but he likes to push the buttons anyway...Plus, we came up with a plan for the money situation, so I don't feel so badly about spending $100 for a super good deal. 

Since Husband and I are insane, we waited to reset everything until 8pm and just finished right now; it's very, very nice, but that was a lot of work!  It makes the living room look a bit bigger because the old one covered up the windows like 50% of the way. 

So, now, Little Boy can go to town on cruising along the TV stand, but the volume will not be touched.

The next tooth came through today -- the center top right one, when you are facing him.  He was VERY crabby all weekend; after 3 days of constantly being around him, I am ready for the break of working!  I feel terrible for saying that, because I really do love him and he is the funniest little boy most of the time, but we spent a lot of time together this weekend and he was kind of cranky for most of it.  But, we are up to 5 teeth now!  I suppose the next top center one will start to come down and make a nuisance for a while. 

My daycare was closed on Friday, because of the flooding, so I was home all day with Little Boy; we went out in the morning, as I was trying to force him through to just an afternoon nap (they have great success with this at daycare) and he passed out on me at 11am; he didn't wake up when I carried him in the house, when I changed his diaper and clothes, etc.  I was shocked, but then again, he only slept an hour or so.  Then, he had a nap from 3:15 until 4:45, so we could go with Daddy to his gig Friday night, but even then, he was wiped out by 8:30.  Poor Little Boy.  We ran him ragged all weekend.  I think that there are times when he would prefer just to stay home and chill.  We should probably be more sympathetic to that some days.

Since it's 10:30, it's probably time for bed for me, but more laundry awaits. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment